ESRI Canada Scholarship 2022
$2000 award + software & training • Deadline March 7, 2022 • Open to current UBC students
Each ESRI Scholarship applicant should provide no more than three or four pages, two pages of text and one or two pages of graphics (maps, tables, figures, models, diagrams), outlining why they should receive the award. The text pages should describe the applicants’ background in one paragraph and then detail their use of GIS, including when it was done and for whom. The graphics page(s) should include an exported image of the graphics that they have produced that illustrates the outcome of their analysis. Applications will be reviewed according to the clarity of the presentation, the level of GIS innovation, and the quality of the graphic presentation.
The scholarship consists of the following, to be provided by Esri Canada directly to the successful student candidate after they have submitted to Esri Canada a poster and a report (may be submitted as a story map) demonstrating their use of Esri technology:
- A one-time payment of $2,000.
- A three-year term license of ArcGIS for Student Use:
- ArcGIS Online with GIS Professional Advanced User Type and 1000 Service Credits
- ArcGIS Pro Advanced Named User license
- Essential Apps: ArcGIS StoryMaps, ArcGIS Experience Builder, ArcGIS Web AppBuilder, ArcGIS Dashboards, ArcGIS Instant Apps, ArcGIS Hub Basic, ArcGIS AppStudio
- Field Apps: ArcGIS Field Maps, ArcGIS Survey123, ArcGIS Workforce, ArcGIS QuickCapture
- ArcGIS Desktop Advanced Single Use license (ArcMap)
- ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Desktop Extensions: ArcGIS 3D Analyst, ArcGIS Data Interoperability, ArcGIS Data Reviewer, ArcGIS Geostatistical Analyst, ArcGIS Image Analyst (ArcGIS Pro only), ArcGIS LocateXT, ArcGIS Network Analyst, ArcGIS Publisher, ArcGIS Schematics, ArcGIS Spatial Analyst, ArcGIS Tracking Analyst, ArcGIS Workflow Manager.
- Premium apps: ArcGIS Business Analyst Web App Standard, ArcGIS GeoPlanner, ArcGIS Insights, ArcGIS Urban Suite (ArcGIS CityEngine and ArcGIS Urban)
- ArcGIS Living Atlas of the World
- Installation support, software updates, and unlimited access to e-learning courses through the Esri Training site.
- A three-year Professional-level subscription to the ArcGIS Developer Program (ADP), which includes ArcGIS Enterprise for development purposes.
- Digital copies of select Esri Press Publications including:
- Python Scripting for ArcGIS Pro
- Getting to Know Web GIS, 4th Edition
- Getting to Know ArcGIS Pro 2.8
- GIS for Science Volume 2: Applying Mapping and Spatial Analytics.
- Two instructor-led training courses offered by Esri Canada.
- Registration for one of Esri Canada’s User Conferences.
- A personal and editable profile in the Esri Canada GIS Scholarship Web Portal.
- Eligibility to apply for the Esri Canada Associate GIS Professional Program in their year of graduation.
For general information about the Esri Canada GIS Scholarship program, visit scholars.esri.ca.